Pages

1.12.2015

Our Master En-suite Is Complete!

FINALLY!! I feel like I need to do a slow clap for myself!
Can't believe we've finally checked our master en-suite off our honey do list! But alas, it is done!


Here is what we started with (very blurry photos taken when we were viewing the house for the first time):




This is the only photo I have of the shower. In hindsight, I wish I took a better shot after we moved in but all I remember was being so disgusted, it was one of the first things we needed to rip out as soon as possible!

This is what our shower looks like now:



... don't judge my bargain bin hair products! =P
Renos are never cheap... I gotta save costs somewhere right?


The photo above contains the most important part of our bathroom renovation- the extractor!
Yep, that's right, before we moved in, there was no ventilation in this bathroom with the exception of opening the window. We added an extractor fan that also had a light, which made our en-suite that much brighter.


Another way we made it a lot brighter was removing all the dark elements the previous home owner seemed to love.

Other than the obvious dark shelves and vanity, we also painted over the black trim around the window.




Now when we walk into our master bedroom en-suite we think "fresh", "bright", "spacious", "zen". A far cry from the "dark", "dirty", and "squishy" en-suite it originally was. Master Bedroom En-suite-CHECK!

2 comments: